Left swipe for Google Now on Nova launcher
I am a big fan of Nova Launcher and have been using it for quite some time. I am also a fan of Google Now which is very useful for getting the information that you care about at the right time. Unfortunately ( till now ), the only option to get the Google Now was to either open the Google app or configure a Swipe gesture on the Nova Gestures section. But that was missing the accessibility of Google Now launcher which had the option to access it by swiping to the left.
Now, Nova has introduced an option to have the Google Now configured on left swipe. But due to some restrictions on the usage of Google Now from Google, we need to have an apk from creators of Nova side loaded into the Android device ( no root required ).
Let’s see how we can achieve the same
- You need to download the beta 5.3 version of the Nova launcher from the developer site
- Need to have the Companion APK to be sideloaded for supporting the gesture. You can download it from apkmirror link here
- As the Companion apk is not downloaded from play store, we need to enabled Installation from unknown sources in the security settings.
Go to Settings -> Security -> Check the box Unknown Sources
- Install the beta version of the launcher.
- Install the Companion app.
- In the Nova launcher settings, we need to disable the Infinite Scroll in the desktop if it’s enabled.
That’s it, Just restart Nova Launcher ( Nova Settings -> Advanced -> Restart Launcher )
You can see the launcher in action below.
Let me know if you have any sort of queries